Choosing an ERP system is not something you do overnight. An ERP-system influences the success of the entire organization. From human resources to after sales.
We are aware that this blog does not provide a definitive answer about the right choice of an ERP system for your organization. An extensive briefing is almost always required to determine which components and modules best suit the type of organization. That is why it is important to form a project team as early as possible with a strong leader and a pre-agreed mandate. An ERP-implementation is a change process that requires to be driven and involved internal management. The project team must be able to explain why a particular ERP system was decided and why a fast and careful ERP implementation is essential.
Here are 10 points to consider when selecting the right software for your company.
- Form a project team with strong leadership and mandate as early as possible.
- Write out your processes and scenarios. Make sure you know which processes and which scenarios there are. Only then can you assess whether the ERP system suits your company.
- Determine your requirements and wishes and prioritize them. Make sure you know which functions you need to support your processes. This should range from must-have to nice-to-have.
- Try to make a selection of an ERP system as soon as possible, and then choose a suitable implementation partner. Researching different ERP systems for too long is slow and costly.
- Remember that the software is just a tool, it is about people and processes. How do you deal with process changes and change management?
- Establish your scope; what do we do, and what do we not do?
- Focus on the business processes where the most profit can be made.
- Think of the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). What are the one-time, and what are the recurring costs?
- Consider the scalability of the ERP system. Can this system grow with the company's objectives?
- What about customer satisfaction/reviews of the package and implementation partner? Ask this to companies who have dealt with them before.
These are just a few points to consider. Would you like to know what else to pay attention too? Call or email us. We are excited to inform you without obligation about the possibilities of Odoo. ERP software that you can implement modularity and in which we are experts!